Alcatraz Storage : Premier Self Storage Facilities
Serving all of your Self Storage, RV and Boat Storage Needs
Storage Tips & Guide
- Always clean and thoroughly dry appliances before storing. (Placing a receptacle of salt inside freezers and refrigerators will help absorb moisture).
- Always pack books flat in small boxes for easy lifting.
- Always pack mirrors on edge, not flat. Protect them by packing individually with strong cardboard.
- Always use plenty of packing paper for china and glasses. Each item should be wrapped individually.
- Always protect upholstered furniture and mattresses with specially designed plastic covers or sheets and blankets. Place a pallet, cardboard mat or plastic sheet underneath.
- When storing wood furniture, place a receptacle of water in unit to add moisture.
- To maximize storage space use uniform size boxes.
- Store heaviest boxes on bottom. All boxes should be full before stacking.
- Leave air space around units perimeter to aid in ventilation. For ease of locating items leave a walkway to the rear of space. Store frequently used items up front.
- Cover all your stored possessions with a plastic sheet. (Allow for ventilation when using plastic covers).
- Always put an insect and rodent control in your unit.
Storage Guide Selecting The Right Size
- 5X10 - Some furniture such as sofa and chair, chest of drawers or dresser, spring and mattress set, plus small items and boxes. Outdoor furniture, lawnmowers, garden tools, bicycles, motorcycles.
- 10X10 - Furniture from a small one bedroom apartment without appliances, small boxes and small items.
- 10X20 - Furniture from a two bedroom with appliances. Miscellaneous items. A small car or truck.
- 10X30 - Contents from 40 ft. moving van. Furniture from a three bedroom house with appliances. A car or small boat.
- 20 X 20 - Contents from a good sized home.
© Copyright 2011 Alcatraz Storage. All Rights Reserved. Self Storage in Muncie, Brownsburg and Crawfordsville, Indiana